by dlystyr Investigator
Investigator

New Customer - Very Happy!

Hi All,

I have recently switch from Sky Fibre Plus to EE Fibre Plus.

When I first joined Sky in 2012 I was getting about 56Mbps with advertised speeds of up to 72Mbps. The line speed eventually went up to 72 about 2015. Early last year there was some outage not far from me which made my line speed go down to around 50Mbps on the advertised 80Mbps line. I spent hours on the phone to Sky who sent and engineer out to tell me my line was really degraded and it may all need to be replaced. Line speed has stayed at 50Mbps since..... Until I switch to EE, I now get downspeed of 74 - 76Mbps and upspeed of 18Mbps. Very very stable also. 

I wanted to say thank you, I now have a much more stable connection, better speeds and a hub which supports 5Ghz Wireless! Very happy with the service I have received so far.

Have a good Christmas!

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: New Customer - Very Happy!

Hi @dlystyr

Welcome to the Community,

Nice to see good feedback the Community team will pick this up over the next few days.

Have a great Christmas.

David.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @dlystyr

Out of interest I assume from the no 5Ghz WiFi you had the Black Sr102 box and not the Sky Q one. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by dlystyr Investigator
Investigator

Yeah, Well I swapped it out for my own router in the end but do not see the need with the current EE one.

As a Sky customer for 8 Years (with full package), they would not provide me with SkyQ without paying £180 upfront. So I never got to try the SkyQ router.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@dlystyr

Yes Sky are poor at retentions or they fail to mention they sign you up to longer than you agreed, they don't tell you your bill will increase in 3 months?!? £180 is outrageous for what you get. The only plus is the Q router which is surprisingly very good. (I'm on Sky fibre max)

Enjoy your EE connection 👍🏼

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Brilliant to hear that you're happy with your new broadband with us, @dlystyr. 😄

Just in time for the festive period. 🙂

Have a brilliant Christmas and all the best for the New Year. 

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.