by hubba
Explorer

Need help with incosky dvr & B2 remote viewing settings????

Hi all,  My parrents have a incosky dvr unit (cctv) which they would like for me to view at my house.  They have an EE B2 hub.   The dvr is is connected to the ee router.  I am able to view the dvr from the laptop via wifi so long as I'm in range of the router.   

Would anybody be able to help me setup the router so that we can the dvr from my house?  is there a tutorial where I good look

I've looked....at port settings.....forwarding setting....??  I'm lost.

Any help would be great!!

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Need help with incosky dvr & B2 remote viewing settings????

You need to Set up port forwarding in the router. Your DVR's instructions or manufacturer should tell you which ports.

However you are not yet out of the woods. You still won't be able to view the DVR directly when away from home for very long. Every time the router resyncs it may be assigned a new public IP addy different from the 1 you were last given. You'll have to check with your parents each time what the new 1 now is in order to continue viewing.

If your DVR manufacturer provides a Cloud-based solution of viewing their DVRs, as many do & should, then this should not be a problem as you should be able to view from an app or the manufacturer's website. Do they? I read it as they do:

Easy Local/Remote Access: connect to Internet using P2P technology; live viewing remotely from anywhere with IE browser, Windows CMS software and Android, iOS App; recording continuously to local hard drive supported 
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

In which case you don't need to bother with port forwarding if you can register your DVR at manufacturer's website & view it from there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hubba

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I see @XRaySpeX has helped you here. Did you manage to get sorted?

Chris

by hubba
Explorer

Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!  I'll pop up to mum & dads and have a play.   I understand, like you say that the IP address changes every so often.  It just means I'll have to pop up theirs for a cuppa lol.

If ok I'll let you know how I got on.  Again thankyou for your help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance. Please tell us how you get on.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.