by Kayleigh111
Explorer

NO SHOW

Hi, everyone let me tell you about my Nightmare its called EE.
Booked an engineer about 3 weeks ago to run a line in to join them for Broadband/telephone and TV. First engineer (sounded like he was a 12 year old ) Who called me on Monday to say he would fix my fault in the morning . obviously I explained that was wrong. so he called Tuesday morning to say he couldnt do the job. and I had to rebook with EE. so I did, on Wednesday NO show and an email said I was activated,What a Joke, I called EE and they seemed to think I was connected.I once again said I do not have a line. They are supposed to send an engineer today that can run a line and connect it all up. We shall see (have not had any calls to confirm this). I wait with baited breath it seems a bit fishy to me. Do "OPEN REACH " really have a clue, not a good experience so far. The only good part about this mess is that I can get through to a real English speaking person who answers the phone within a min or so. Well done Jess at EE, lets hope today goes well. The have already confirmed they are charging me , their accounts dept dept do not have a cluse do they. I might cancel the whole thin if they fail today.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Kayleigh111
Explorer
Solution

Re: NO SHOW

Hi  The New Engineer Keith came on time  and went to work straightaway, very friendly and very professional, got on with the job. Nice polite chap He put in all new cables, any old ones were many years old and disused, replaced fitting on wall outside that did not meet with todays standards .tested everything . I think he had to do some repair work on the box up the street. He Kindly took the Router out of box and set it up. The other part to link to TV and Laptop, with password. I am not undoing my old virgin setup (still running for a few days) until my son and daughter come round to help me, I am told that is easy   as I am 70 and a little unsure and think it is better . The Engineer did a great job, its just that EE do not fully connect it up, you have to do that bit yourself, never mind I can wait a few days.

The original (contract) engineer said it had been booked wrongly as a fault and he could  not do an install. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Kayleigh111

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I am sorry to hear that this has happened. 

Did the team advise why the engineer could not complete the job?

Please be sure to come back and let me know the outcome of today's visit and if there is anything further I can do to help. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Kayleigh111
Explorer
Solution

Hi  The New Engineer Keith came on time  and went to work straightaway, very friendly and very professional, got on with the job. Nice polite chap He put in all new cables, any old ones were many years old and disused, replaced fitting on wall outside that did not meet with todays standards .tested everything . I think he had to do some repair work on the box up the street. He Kindly took the Router out of box and set it up. The other part to link to TV and Laptop, with password. I am not undoing my old virgin setup (still running for a few days) until my son and daughter come round to help me, I am told that is easy   as I am 70 and a little unsure and think it is better . The Engineer did a great job, its just that EE do not fully connect it up, you have to do that bit yourself, never mind I can wait a few days.

The original (contract) engineer said it had been booked wrongly as a fault and he could  not do an install. 

View solution in original post

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @Kayleigh111 🙂

I'm happy to hear the engineer was able to resolve the issue.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.