by ronswold Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My wifi connection is poor

The wifi connection from my laptop,phone and tablet keeps dropping out for several minutes at a time and my equipment switches to 4G using up my mobile data allowance

The up and down arrows disappear from my devices,I get "time out" messages frequently, I get "your connection is slow" messages

EE have sent me emails over the last 6 months saying there is a problem close to my property or essential maintenance is being carried out or routine maintenance is being carried out and later "the problem is solved"

A few days later more emails and more problems

ronswold

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My wifi connection is poor

@ronswold wrote:

The wifi connection from my laptop,phone and tablet keeps dropping out

To what WiFi network? Your home BB or hotspots in general?

@ronswold wrote:

EE have sent me emails over the last 6 months saying there is a problem close to my property

About what? Problem with what?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

To my home broadband

Sent from my Samsung device
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ronswold: Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats. For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page. Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try both a wired & wireless speedtest here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html and copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Yes I would like some help so i will gather the information you need and send it for you to look at

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You sure these emails are about Home Broadband not just about your home? Never heard of such msgs about BB but such msgs are sent out by EE about state of mobile network in your vicinity. Do you have EE mobile/SIM?

Established Contributor

I'm not saying they are about home broadband cos they are not specific so I don't know what the EE engineers are doing
Someone is often peering into the green junction box down the road and my next door neighbour complains often about his broadband connection
Just telling you what's happening around my home
And yes I do have EE mobile

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@ronswold wrote:
Yes I would like some help so i will gather the information you need and send it for you to look at

Last year you posted a similar problem about poor connections. Did you sort it out then? Are you still using a Technicolor router?

Established Contributor

No it didn't get sorted as I was taken ill so I deferred it  and I'm still using the Technicolor router 

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

So the variables in this case appear to be long term issues with the line to your house, and a non-standard router.  I'd say the first step is to do a quiet line test to see if there is noise on the line. Then escalate to customer services to test the line and get Openreach to sort out the long term issues with the line and broadband.  Once that is sorted, then test on ethernet to router. If that is good / OK, then test the wifi.   The wifi is the last thing to test.

Established Contributor

Still working on this problem

Trying to find out how to contact EE

Seems that all paths lead to the EE Community and no direct links to EE themselves where i can get something done

Last week more emails from EE about problems reported close to my address and later "ROUTINE" maintenance "now complete"

Don't know what they are up to and latest error message says "no Internet connection " and today i could not complete an online purchase

Looks like i shall be moving soon but no good going to BT cos they and EE are in the same clique now!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, if you could get the info. I asked for in post 4 about a month ago we might get a bit further forward.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ronswold,

Welcome back to the community.

If you can provide the information @XRaySpeX has asked for I'm sure he'll be happy to help you locate the cause of the issue.

Alternatively, you can find contact details for our customer service team on the get in touch page. Our technical team will be able to look into this for you.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.