by Stevie9
Explorer

My phone has been cut off

Hi

i have just returned home from being away for four days to find I have no phone and no internet .

i have logged in to my account and my payments are up to date 

I got no dial tone and my phone line is dead 

any ideas 

I have checked the line and followed the steps on the help section I suspect I have been cut off at head quarters for no apparent reason 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My phone has been cut off

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings / Broadband / Internet page?

Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Which router, BrightBox 1 or 2 or Smart Hub?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Stevie9
Explorer

Finally got to the bottom of this problem.

Rang EE they diagnosed the fault at the exchange. I also spoke to a neighbour who seen an Openreach engineer up a lamppost outside my property the day it went off. 

Looks like it down to openreach playing with the wires outside and cut me off my mistake. 

EE were good enough to give me 5gb of data for my mobile which I can’t use as I have no signal at home. I use wifi calling However it’s not EE’sfault incompetent BT engineer.

thanks openreach can see me being offline for months at this rate looking at previous posts on the openreach site. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It does occasionally happen that BT engs working on the exchange or cab disturb your line & you lose BB & maybe phone. Usually they themselves notice this by the next working day & fix it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.