by eann
Explorer

My landline hasn't been working for 2 days just keeps "searching"

Can anyone help, my landline hasn't been working for 2 days now it just keeps saying "searching", I can't phone EE as I don't have an EE mobile and can't get anywhere online. My broadband is working but is slow, my printer is only picking up 60% speeds so could be something to do with speeds from router, otherwise stumped.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My landline hasn't been working for 2 days just keeps "searching"

Does the phone give a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

Post your full router stats. For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @eann

Welcome to the community. 

Please get back to us with the information that @XRaySpeX is looking for and we'll do our best to help.

Chris

by eann
Explorer

Thanks XRaySpex and Chris, I don't have a dialling tone so can't check anything in or out on the handset. I will be going to a family member's house today to phone EE to see if I can get this resolved, it is driving me insane.

Eann

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update, @eann.

That's a good shout.

You can find our contact details on the get in touch help page.

If you can phone from your house from another mobile, that's even better as they will be able to run troubleshooting with you on the phone.

Let us know how you get on either way.

Chris 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The router stats might still give us a clue if you can post them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.