Highlighted
by SScala
Visitor

My internet upload speed is rubbish, can I increase it?

So basically what I would like to do is live stream gaming via twitch, IE I would be the gamer (not the viewer) As you can see from all the numbers below my Internet is only pumping out 1.11mbps of upload speed, I'm on Fiber broadband and this did make it a bit faster...just a bit...it went from 0.84Mbps to 1.11Mbps and my download went from 12Mbps to 21Mbps

But it's not good enough, I need a whole load more in order to stream...realistically 10Mbps Upload speed but I'm not that optimistic in the capability of the Internet up here.

Does anyone know of anything that can be done to boost it?

Exchange code: NSTHU

Postcode: KW147AB

Time Connected 222:41:39

Downstream Rate 21.51 Mbps

Upstream Rate 1.11 Mbps

STATUS  
Configured Current Line Status -- UP Link Type --
Fast Path Operation Mode Automatic G.993.2 (VDSL2)

DATA RATE INFORMATION
Upstream 1113 (Kbps)
Downstream 21512 (Kbps)

DEFECT/FAILURE INDICATION
Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 6.6 (dB) 3.9 (dB)
Line Attenuation 0.0 (dB) 32.2 (dB)

Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator Output Power 10.5 (dBm) 11.3 (dBm) Fast Path FEC Correction 31097072 0 Interleaved Path FEC Correction -- -- Fast Path CRC Error 0 0 Interleaved Path CRC Error -- -- Loss Of Signal Defect 0 0 Fast Path HEC Error STR 0 0 Interleaved Path HEC Error -- -- Error Seconds 2359 1149

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: My internet upload speed is rubbish, can I increase it?

@SScala wrote:

Fast Path FEC Correction 31097072

This may very well be your problem. Far too many errors. Please post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

Try plugging your router into the hidden test socket that is revealed when you remove the bottom half of the split faceplate (2 screws) of your master socket. Only do this if you have a split faceplate. Do you have any extension sockets? Are there any wires connected to back of faceplate?

Repost your full router stats when plugged into test socket.

Try the BT Quiet Line Test (dial 17070 Opt 2), preferably with a corded phone, in the test socket with the router disconnected. If there is any noise, report to your landline provider as a voice fault (don't mention Broadband). Often sorting out voice faults will fix the Broadband as well.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

You are also a long way from your cab.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SScala  To increase your upload your going to need to increase your download.  In other words you need to upgrade your package, you can not just increase your upload.  

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

So I replied earlier, but my post has disapeared.

You can only upgrade your package if your line is capable of supporting higher speeds.

Looking at your stats it would appear that it can't. Your internal wiring may be impacting speeds, hence why I suggested looking at the DSL checker.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You will gain nowt by upgrading your package to Fibre Plus. All that does is remove the 40/10 Mag caps on your speeds that you are not even hitting & so are ineffective.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@SScala wrote:

Fast Path FEC Correction 31097072

This may very well be your problem. Far too many errors. Please post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

Try plugging your router into the hidden test socket that is revealed when you remove the bottom half of the split faceplate (2 screws) of your master socket. Only do this if you have a split faceplate. Do you have any extension sockets? Are there any wires connected to back of faceplate?

Repost your full router stats when plugged into test socket.

Try the BT Quiet Line Test (dial 17070 Opt 2), preferably with a corded phone, in the test socket with the router disconnected. If there is any noise, report to your landline provider as a voice fault (don't mention Broadband). Often sorting out voice faults will fix the Broadband as well.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

You are also a long way from your cab.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.