by pekyeye8 Contributor
Contributor

My internet is not working!

Okay so.. yesterday about 8pm my internet went down and i didnt had internet all night. This morning everything was good till now, again the same, internet is down and i cant connect to it. I can, but there is no internet connection, its blinking yellow on my router! I tried to restart wait for minute. I tried everything and still the same and its annoying! Am i paying for not having internet all the time or? I really dont know.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by pekyeye8 Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Re: My internet is not working!

I tried to unplug everything and works now, good. thank you anyway!

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @pekyeye8

Welcome.to the EE Community,

@XRaySpeX might be able to help you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@pekyeye8: Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Most likely an eng. working or an adjacent line at the exchange or cab. has disturbed yours. Usually they notice it themselves by next a.m. & fix it before even EE is aware of it.

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings / Broadband / Internet page?

Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Which router, BrightBox 1 or 2 or Smart Hub?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@pekyeye8, have you checked here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/EE-Home-Broadband-fixing-your-connection/td-p/602...

and here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/Need-Help-with-Your-Home-Broadband-Speed-or-Conne...

We do need more information to see why you are having problems, and as you can see , if you have the correct socket, you can take the front off and test your internet to see if  there is a problem by plugging your internet in the test socket. Also, if you have a landline phone, check to see if the line is clear or how it sounds, as there could be a problem, which would mean getting EE to get Open Reach out to sort this out.

by pekyeye8 Contributor
Contributor

50872898_971279576593558_3127913824275922944_n.jpg

by pekyeye8 Contributor
Contributor

i dont use dial phone, just internet

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, your BB had gone down completely for the mo'. I'd still go with my eng. interference cause.

It's worth getting a cheap corded handset to help diagnose BB issues like yours as well as keeping the line "wet" to help avoiding BB issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by pekyeye8 Contributor
Contributor
Solution

I tried to unplug everything and works now, good. thank you anyway!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.