by wirralwoman
Explorer

My Wi-fi keeps dropping when I’m using my smart tv especially after midnight any

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My Wi-fi keeps dropping when I’m using my smart tv especially after midnight

You sure it's the WiFi & not the BB itself?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My Wi-fi keeps dropping when I’m using my smart tv especially after midnight

@wirralwoman Is it just the TV or do your other device loose connection also ?  Sounds crazy but when did you last restart the router ?  Turn it off for 30+ seconds before restarting it.   How hot is the router getting because heat can cause issues.  

by wirralwoman
Explorer

everything else slows up, but i only really notice the tv due to streaming, my laptop also disconnects, I recently had a what I believe to be a mobile phone mast erected 20 yards away from my living room window do u think that might had any effect ? i restarted the router 15 mins ago

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @wirralwoman 

20 yards? It might be the radiation from the mast. 

Have you tried changing your WiFi channels on your router? You will need to connect your devices again. I would also download one of the many WiFi analyzed apps to check your WiFi strength . 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @wirralwoman,

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Have you tried @Northerner's suggestion of changing your WiFi channel?

Please let us know which router you are using if you need any help with this.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.