Highlighted
by Cookeeleanor27 Investigator
Investigator

My EE router

My internet was working perfectly fine  has been since I got them all of a sudden this morning it has stopped working I cannot contact we had my mins don’t work as it cost 25p I have also tried resetting me router and turning it on and off and still not connecting I have not turned WiFi off all deviced and switched the router off at the socket advice please 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

My router

Sorted it I turned everything off for about 2/3 hours switched in back on about half hour ago and all works again fine still no clue as to what happed 

8 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My EE router

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings / Broadband / Internet page?

Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Which router, BrightBox 1 or 2 or Smart Hub?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Legend
Legend

@Cookeeleanor27

Try checking your local network for issues.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Thanks just done that it’s say there not issues 

Investigator

It doesn’t make sense as I don’t pay my bill till 1st so it can’t be that.before I turned it off at the socket the light was red I followed the instructions for the red light which was resetting I did that and it turned red again I’m lost 

Investigator

Sorry I don’t understand Iv never log into my router didn’t know I could i don’t have access to a computer either 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Which router do you have, BrightBox 1 or 2 or Smart Hub?

For a BrightBox: login at http://192.168.1.1 with username 'admin' & admin password given on the label on the router (unless you've changed it to your own one).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator
Solution

My router

Sorted it I turned everything off for about 2/3 hours switched in back on about half hour ago and all works again fine still no clue as to what happed 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My router

@Cookeeleanor27: Most likely an eng working on another line disturbed yours but noticed it later.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.