by ECOMELEC Contributor
Contributor

My EE TV Brightbox will not connect to my samsung TV

i can not get my EE Brightbox to connet to my Samsung TV i've have try the boat- focus-dry password and the one on the back of the box but it keep saying for the security key ??

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
by ECOMELEC Contributor
Contributor

how do you log out of the COMMUNITY

two question one how do i get the EE brightbox to connet to my samsung TV and two how do i log off or out of the COMMUNITY when i've just posted a question .

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: how do you log out of the COMMUNITY

@ECOMELEC, You will need to go into settings on you TV and look for Network settings and connect from there. You will be asked for your password for your brightbox, but you must make sure you can connect, either Wifi or with a cable to the Internet.

If you want to log-out of the community, then go and click on at the top left of the page, where you click on where to log-in then click on that and you will see you can click log-out.

by ECOMELEC Contributor
Contributor

what password are they saking for the EE acount password or my Brightbox password ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My EE TV Brightbox will not connect to my samsung TV

Hi,

This is an old thread but might offer some direction: https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/Samsung-Smart-TV-suddenly-unable-top-the-internet...

Is your TV firmware up to date?

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The community does not have to use the same password as for your brightbox, you can make it anything you want to, but this should not have been put in the EE TV forum, as it has nothing to do with EE TV.

Are you actually trying to find out about the password for your account or the community? These are all different things. When you signed up for broadband, you received a username and password for your log-in to your broadband which you would use to log-into your account, not the same as for the community, unless you used the same password, that is.

Just had another read, the password is the one for your brightbox, not your account, to enable you to connect to your network.

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @ECOMELEC

Did you get both questions answered with @Schockwave help?

Let us know if you need anything further 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: My EE TV Brightbox will not connect to my samsung TV

Thanks for helping @Northerner.

Morning @ECOMELEC

Has this worked for you?

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My EE Brightbox will not connect to my samsung TV

@ECOMELEC: The password you need for connecting a TV to the Brightbox is the WiFi pwd as written on the label on the Brightbox & looks like 3 words separated by hyphens. It has nowt to do with your Community pwd nor the BB pwd used to connect the router to the Net.

However note the issue with Samsung TVs that was pointed out to you by @Northerner.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.