by Spongebob Contributor
Contributor

My Brightbox will not Connect to Samsung TV or Sky Q

I spent san hour on the phone this morning with the EE techie. He could not help me to connect the Router to the Samsung TV or Sky Q box. It connects to laptop, phones, tablets and TP Link extender. But the TV is now connected with ethernet and a switch to split the connection. Sky Fibre was abysmal...but at least I didnt have to run a cable. 

Not a very good start for EE. last time I had broadband with this company I had the Orange box...remember that piece of junk???

I have a £1,200.00 TV with the most advanced tv digi box available...and I can't connect to the Brightbox.

3 REPLIES 3
by Spongebob Contributor
Contributor

Re: I have no internet at the moment, my sky broadband ended yesterday.

I also cancelled Sky due to poor service. Now i have a Brightbox, I can no longer connect my Samsung TV or Sky Q box to the wi fi from my Router. I was on the phone for an hour to EE and they couldnt fix it. It will NOT connect. I have had to run a cable and buy a switch to connect direct with cable.

by peppacool Investigator
Investigator

Re: I have no internet at the moment, my sky broadband ended yesterday.

Hi.. I have had this issue when changing hubs/ isp with a Samsung tv. I resolved my issues by removing the power plug to the tv for 30 mins so a fresh reboot/ new setup. That was the only thing to have worked on wirelessly.. ethernet was fine. The wireless on Samsung seems to be weaker that those of Pana  and LG.. my Samsung is now connected via powerline adapter and ethernet..

Oh have you also seen this thread....

http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/broadband-gallery-mobile-broadband/home-broadband/s...

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: My Brightbox will not Connect to Samsung TV or Sky Q

Thank you for helping @peppacool

Let us know how you get on @Spongebob

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.