by xiwi Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Moving to another flat

Hi there,

I tried to fix this with the chat on the website but they sent me a phone number which didn't help either.

We're moving next week and I'd like to move my broadband to the new flat.

Anyone knows what should I do?

Cheers,

Daniel

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Moving to another flat

You need to follow the instructions on this page.  As EE require upto 4 weeks notice for a home move, you may well end up with no service initially though for the first few weeks unfortunately.

15 REPLIES 15
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

You need to follow the instructions on this page.  As EE require upto 4 weeks notice for a home move, you may well end up with no service initially though for the first few weeks unfortunately.

Valued Contributor

I've been calling 02073620200 to arrange this for a while but they are always busy. 

So at this point I'd prefer to leave this on the flat and change the details to new tenant.

Do you know any link or number to facilitate this?

If I can't do this and the move needs more weeks I'd prefer to cancel the services. Any link/number for this?

And also I'll leave the flat this Friday. I'll bring everything with me. Do the need to do anything on the flat first? Because I won't be able to access after this week.

Thanks,

Daniel

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @xiwi,

Welcome to the EE Community.

The correct number to call regarding your home move is 0800 079 8586.

You can also arrange to cancel the service by calling the same number. (Charges may apply if you are still within your minimum contract period)

Hope this helps. 

James

Valued Contributor

Hi @James_B,

On the number I'm calling to there is the option for move. I'll try also with that one as well.

Do you know anything about if the engineer needs to access to the old property?

Cheers,

Daniel

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No eng. need attend your home to cancel your BB there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @xiwi,

No, they won't need to visit the old property. 

Don't forget to take your router with you. You'll need this at your new property.

Thanks

James 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for your answers guys. I just called to new number (which was in fact the same one) and this time the operator picked up the phone.

Cheers,

Daniel

Highlighted
by

No problem @xiwi Smiley Happy

Glad we could help.

- James

Valued Contributor

I haven't asked but I understand this service is totally, right?

The confirmed me that I won't have to pay between 6th and 23th, which is when I've got the appointment for the engineer (quite dissapointed for this date)

by

Hi @xiwi,

Please can you clarify your question.

Are you asking if you will be billed for the period between moving home and your Broadband service being connected at your new address?

Thanks

James

Valued Contributor

Sorry, I was confirming that I won't be charged on the period without broadband and also was asking if I would be billed for the service on the new flat as you said.

Cheers

by

Hello there @xiwi.

Thanks for confirming.

You would need to call our customer service team to get this information.

They can check the account and let you know 🙂

Thanks for coming back to us!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I don't see you not being charged for the period w/out BB. You are still under contract The move itself should be free as long as EE can supply the same or equiv. service there. You just continue paying the same monthly subs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

That's not the info that I have. I asked this specifically and the operator told me that I won't be charged on that period.

I don't know if he was lying then.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, there's nowt in EE's T&Cs to say you get a payment holiday whilst you have no BB & if it's not there I would never take that as gospel.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.