by Dicehunter Investigator
Investigator

Moving country and number change ?

So I'm moving country in 1 month and was curious to know if it's possible to have the contract end on the renewal date in 5 months time as then my flat mate can still have internet until the contract ends ?

Also is it possible to get a phone number change as I keep getting international calls from what sounds like indian men in call centers telling me they are from microsoft and that I have a virus on my computer, Which I don't and it's getting a bit ridiculous now.

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Moving country and number change ?

Your contract doesn't have a renewal date; it just has a min. term after which you may cancel it with 14-days notice. Give your notice to cancel 14 days before the end of min term. However if you want your flatmate to pick up the bill from when you leave UK you will need to arrange with EE to transfer the contract to him at that time & he will need to pass a credit check.

We all get those Indian "Microsoft" calls & other on any line. Just ignore them; they are a scam. You'll still get them on any new no. you might have. They just use random diallers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.