by plumrico
Explorer

Moving Home - Current Package Not Available

I currently have EE Fibre Plus and am due to move to a new house where customer services say that they can only offer me a standard EE Fibre package and I will have to start a new 18 month contract or I will have to pay circa £75 to be released from my existing contract.

If EE are unable to support my current service on a home move (I am moving 10 minutes up the road) surely I should have the option to be released from my existing contract without a financial penalty?

Can anyone offer some advise?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Moving Home - Current Package Not Available

EE can't help it if you are moving too far from the cab. to provide the faster Fibre. That's your choice.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker / Address Checker at the foot of the page estimate for your address? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. You must use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by plumrico
Explorer

BT.jpgThis is what it delivered back

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There you are! The max. you could possibly get at your new place is 44 Meg. So it is not worth EE offering you more than the 40 Meg standard Fibre.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.