by Daviesap Investigator
Investigator

Moved to EE Fibre Plus with EE TV (FFTC) from BT Infinity 2

Hi

My EE broadband activation is on Friday.  Moving from BT Infinity 2 (BT has been pretty solid, but EE quite a bit cheaper. Hope I don't regret it!)

I am using the BT Openreach VDSL modem, connected to my own router - which I will keep using.

The Brightbox 2 I am getting looks like it has the modem built in - but I won't use that (once set up)

Does any one know if I can keep using my BT Openreach modem, or will I need to buy a Draytek Vigorous 130 or similar?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Moved to EE Fibre Plus with EE TV (FFTC) from BT Infinity 2

You should be able to continue using your current set-up as long as you can configure your EE BB Username & pwd in your own router. It's all the same FTTC.

The BB2 does incorporate an integrated ADSL/VDSL modem. You may be required by EE to use it for any troubleshooting with CS.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You should be able to continue using your current set-up as long as you can configure your EE BB Username & pwd in your own router. It's all the same FTTC.

The BB2 does incorporate an integrated ADSL/VDSL modem. You may be required by EE to use it for any troubleshooting with CS.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Daviesap Investigator
Investigator

That's great - thanks for the information.

Will set up EE with the Brightbox 2 first - then grab my username and password from it and use that in my own router so I can then replace the Brightbox.

Thanks again,

Andrew

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by
EE Employee

Hope you get sorted @Daviesap

If you get stuck i'm sure @XRaySpeX maybe able to help.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.