by Robmillington Investigator
Investigator

Moved from BT fibre to EE but no internet..

So I made the decision to move over to EE fibre after many years expensive but fine service with BT. Switch over day (18th of Sept) has been and gone and no internet. No router turned up and no internet despite me calling the day before switch over day to point out the fact no router had arrived. Called again on switch over day, 2 days after that and again today. 

Sounds like the open reach engineer has done his thing but their system isn't updating so no cobjection and no router which is annoying as it means I can't even test it with the old BT Homehub5 I have. 

Any suggestions? Now in a loop of 48h ping pong communications beteeen EE and Openreach and no promises of a quick fix. The lady I spoke to today said it could be fixed soon or the worst she seen is around a month! 

If i cancel the move and go back to BT will it resolve quicker or just add more complexity to dumb back end system problem? 

Unbelievable hacked off already. Wish I'd never bothered trying to save that £10 a month.  

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Moved from BT fibre to EE but no internet..

All you can do is keep chasing EE.

You are probably passed your free 14-day cooling-off period.

Is the HH5 for Fibre?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Robmillington

Thank you for coming to see us again 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration.

I can see @XRaySpeX has asked you a question and when you get a second to answer it, I'm sure he will try and help you further.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

@XRaySpeX yeah the HH5 was for fibre as I just came off BT Infinity. I did google around to see if I could use it but read it doesn't take the EE username? 

Investigator

Also in regards to the 14 day cooling off period - I've got another week or so from connect day. Also I did ask the EE customer services person when I called up on Saturday. I was told that the 14 days doesn't kick in until I have a full service (phone home phone is working fine - just no internet apparently) but not sure I trust em on that one? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Robmillington wrote:

Also in regards to the 14 day cooling off period - I've got another week or so from connect day.

No, you haven't. It starts from when you signed up.

2.3. You may cancel this Agreement without having to pay the Cancellation Charge by calling Customer Support at any time up to, and including, 10 days after the Start Date. Any cancellation after this time, and before the end of the Minimum Term, will incur the Cancellation Charge

"Start Date" means the date that We notify You by Written Notice that this Agreement begins, which will be when We have accepted Your request for the Services and You have passed a credit check
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.