Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Loss of service/Switch Day Downtime

Hi,

I am switching today from TalkTalk broadband to EE fibre. 

I am aware that the switch can be any time up until midnight, however, my TalkTalk service went down about 2-3 hours ago and I still haven't received any activation notice from EE.

I was told that there shouldn't be any loss of service, and if there was it'd be for no more than an hour.

Any clue as to who might be able to fix this???

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Loss of service/Switch Day Downtime

Thanks, I have... And the job which only yesterday would need 10-14 days to complete will now be done by tomorrow🤷🏼‍♂️. So that's my new activation date. I'll let you Know how it goes.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

You could give CS a ring but they'll most likely say wait until midnight.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thanks... I thought as much, just wondered if anyone here had experienced anything similar.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you received your EE router?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Yeah, it came a few days ago. I hadn't set it up as I was waiting for an activation notice but after my TT had been off over an hour thought I'd give it a whirl... Flashing aqua as a result.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Pity that the TT BB has gone. The EE router would have worked on TT as TT does not use any BB username to authenticate the line.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by

I’ve been

without internet for over two hours internet checker for my post code says there is

no problems in

my area my trouble shooter says the server is not responding 🤷‍♂️

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you mean EE' Network Status Checker, it is only for EE's mobile network & is not applicable to fixed BB networks. There used to be an OR checker where you could check your area but they seem to have removed it. Perhaps @Pippincp knows where it's gone?

Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@XRaySpeX  it no longer exists. ISP's are expected to provide this info. This PluNet one can be used by anyone.

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

OK, @Pippincp , thanks. But at least we know.

I am aware of the PN 1 for a long time but I thought it was no longer kept up-to-date.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thanks all,

Apparently OR need to install a new circuit in the cabinet that won't be done for a further 2 weeks. It seems there were issues yesterday and today with EE activation/update messages.

Gonna get on to cc after work see if they can't try to hurry things along a little!

Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Which exchange and cabinet are you on? To find out enter your number HERE

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Ashton, cab10

InShot_20200701_045444752.jpg

Is there a case of mis-selling here?

I made the switch as I was told by EE that fibre was available, wherever and whoever they got their information from it was obviously incorrect and now I am to be without any internet for 2 weeks. I wouldn't have made the switch at all had I known or been informed that it would take so long.

The wife currently works from home so is stuck without a connection. CS boosted me 50GB of data to tether to but that can only work when I'm in, which for 5 days out of 7 I am not!!! I was quite calm about the whole thing yesterday but now, thinking about it, I'm boiling😤.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It is available as the table you just posted shows on the VDSL lines, which incidentally is where EE gets their info from. It's all determined by OR & the same would happen if you were migrating to TT.

Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

There is no current FTTC service affecting issues for Ashton. This doesn't mean there wasn't one which has now been cleared.

If it was a matter of an additional card needed to increase capacity it has either been done or a port has become available otherwise it wouldn't show as available on the checker.

I suggest you give them a ring for an update.

2020-07-01 13_14_08-Microsoft Excel - Fibre9AM.xlsx  [Read-Only].png

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Thanks, I have... And the job which only yesterday would need 10-14 days to complete will now be done by tomorrow🤷🏼‍♂️. So that's my new activation date. I'll let you Know how it goes.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Please do.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Sweet!!! 

Got in from work about 1230 yesterday and tried the router... I'm now officially an EE fibre broadband customer👍!

Thanks to all for the advice and to EE CS for all your help.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

That's great news @daz_taylor123 🙂

Thanks for letting us know.

James

Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Great news.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions