by r_c_p Investigator
Investigator

Leaving Fee Refund

Hi I moved from Origin to EE and have been trying to get Origin to amend my last bill to state the leaving fee so that EE will refund it. Unsurprisingly Origin have not resolved this now they are no longer my provider. Would EE accept proof (an e-mail from Origin) to refund it? It is only £25 but worth having! Thank you for any advice! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Leaving Fee Refund

Doesn't the final bill itemise the early termination fee? It should.

You'll need to phone EE to see if they'll accept an email. Have you tried to upload it @ Broadband Contract Buyout from Old ISP?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Doesn't the final bill itemise the early termination fee? It should.

You'll need to phone EE to see if they'll accept an email. Have you tried to upload it @ Broadband Contract Buyout from Old ISP?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @r_c_p

Thanks for coming to see us 🙂

@XRaySpeX is right, just let us know when you get a second if you've done the things he's suggested.

Cheers

Richard

🙂 

by r_c_p Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for this, I am now just outside of the 90 days in trying to get the final bill amended (Origin charged me a whole 47p more by charging the usual monthly amount instead of the exit fee!). However, I have sent the e-mail as you suggested to see if EE will be lenient on this front so fingers crossed! Thank you very much for your advice 🙂

by r_c_p Investigator
Investigator

Have uploaded the e-mail to see if this will be acceptable. Origin 'saved' a whole 47p by charging me the usul only bill rather than an early termination fee! I guess it would cost them more to amend teh bill hence lack of action response after the initial positive vibes! wish me luck and thank you for your advice.

by

Great advice @XRaySpeX

Keep us up to date @r_c_p

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance. Good luck!

by r_c_p Investigator
Investigator

I have been refunded, I am delighted! Thanks again 🙂 

by

Wonderful news @r_c_p

Happy Easter

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.