by ejsmith1972
Visitor

Landline caller id

Ever feel like you're going around in ever decreasing circles? I need to buy a new landline phone and want to know if I will be charged for caller ID. I've been with EE since the emails were "freeserve" but do not have a mobile. Thought I'd look at my account online to see if it mentioned it so I went to register, only to discover that I can't because it requires a mobile number. So I rang, chose the broadband and landline option but none of the next options were relevant and then discovered that there is no option to email, but I can text. Great, but I don't have a flaming mobile phone - last time I looked it wasn't a legal requirement.

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Landline caller id

Just choose any option then.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Landline caller id

@ejsmith1972 : Caller ID is free with EE. You might have to call EE to get it registered but if you had it with your previous landline handset you'll still have it with any new 1. It doesn't change.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

To Create a MyEE for BB

@ejsmith1972 :

1. Register a new MyEE.
  2. Fill in your name, email & pwd (no phone no. required).
  3. Click Register.
  4. Go to Add my BB a/c.
  5. Fill in your personal details asked for as already known to EE.

(Not sure it's working at the mo'.)

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: To Create a MyEE for BB

Hi @ejsmith1972,

Welcome to the community 🙂

I can see that you get some great advise last night.

Were you able to follow @XRaySpeX steps to set up your My EE account?

Alex 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.