by Derekdarby Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just wondering how many days in average does fibre optic take to activate?

My go live date was yesterday 20th june and no activation , I have been assured all works are complete and I'm only waiting on activation. Is this normal? I know 2 other people from my village who have had issues with switching to fibre, one took 2 weeks and the other I believe is still waiting (approximately a month) any help would be welcomed. Cheers 

45 REPLIES 45
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Just wondering how many days in average does fibre optic take to activate?

Hello @Derekdarby you can track your BB order online:

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/sign-up-and-manage-your-account/track-my-home-b...

Here is a link containing more information on the ordering process and how it works:

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/sign-up-and-manage-your-account/home-phone-and-...

If you have any problems or for reassurance please call customer service on 150 from an EE mobile/landline or 0800 956 6000 from any other who have access to accounts and can confirm these details for you. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the great answer @Profile closed Smiley Happy

Did that help with your query @Derekdarby?

James

Established Contributor

, as I can't log in, I had to phone on my lunch break to be told I have a new go live date if the 23rd June, until then no help can be given, so now I am sitting and waiting til Friday, which I dare  say will come and go with no resolution,  I hope I am proved wrong ?

Established Contributor

Sorry there should have been a "No" at the beginning of the post

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Derekdarby there is no access to accounts allowed through here to confirm your go live date I am sorry only customer service can see this. Hopefully your BB activates on the day as normal let us know how you get on if you have the time. 🙂

by

Hi @Derekdarby,

I'm sorry your connection has been delayed.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

Thanks and I will do, i wouldn't normally worry so much at such an early stage, however as others from the same village have experienced so much hassle and delay getting connected its put my back up staright away with little faith in it being resolved quickly. Also to compound the matter at point of sale i was assured that "we would not be left with no internet connection" 

Fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow and my lack of trust is misplaced. 

by

Hi @Derekdarby,

I'll keep my fingers crossed too. Smiley Happy

Please pop back tomorrow to give us an update.

James

Established Contributor

Quick update, at approximately 10-30 am I received an email and text saying that the broadband is up and running. I have come home to find that it's not, I only have a flashing orange light next to the broadband symbol, before I phone in is this normal ? 

Established Contributor

So after a conversation with the help desk it appears the router is not synchronizing with the broadband,  as a result I have to wait for an engineer which has been booked for Monday, nearly a week after original activation date, as it may be a wiring issue at my end, all I know is the wires have been fine for the last 10 years and worked up until the 20th June, the day of switch over. 

After being assured we wouldn't suffer , we are, a week gone , not the end of the world I know but still very very frustrating as I called it on the day I was assured this wouldn't happen. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Derekdarby

Please do let us know how the engineer appointment goes.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Will do, I hope I get to pay the £50 and a fault is found at my end otherwise I can see this being a long painful process. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What does it say in the Internet section on the initial Status page of the BrightBox after you log in? Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Derekdarby sorry to hear you are still facing problems with your new connection. Hopefully everything is sorted and up and running after the engineer visits, keep us updated if you can. 🙂

Established Contributor

Hi only just seen the reply, I have just found out how to log on to the router, I've taken a screenshot of it and blanked out the info but how do I post it please?

Established Contributor

The ip addy  just  has  0.0.0.0

The ip v6 is N/A 

The ip  v6 prefix is =/0 

Are they the parts you needed to know?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, the 6 lines above that please?

& what about the phone?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Ok sorry, will check when I get back in, cheers

Established Contributor

Bb  type fibre

Bb  status  disconnected 

Internet status disconnected

time connect  00/00/00

Down 0mbps

Up 0mbps 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.