by piotriq Investigator
Investigator

Is it normal to wait 3+ weeks to have broadband moved within London?

they said 2 weeks and nothing happened so I called them and they take it as a failure but they haven't done it in a first place. Now they asked for 4 more days to fix the "failure". But nothing is happening. I will have to call again and they will report it as another failure and i will have to wait again. Can I cancel my contract if they are not providing me paid service? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by piotriq Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Is it normal to wait 3+ weeks to have broadband moved within London?

Update: so they did fix it just I haven't realised that my main socket (openreach) is made of two parts and I had to take it apart to remove microfilter. Duh.

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @piotriq,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Did they mention what was causing the delay?

Is there a fault on the line?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, EE recommends giving them at least 3 weeks notice of your move. Please see How do I arrange my move? . It could be said that London with its greater population could have its OR engs thinner on the ground.

You may cancel FoC any time up to the BB going live + a further 14 days when you ordered BB by phone or online, but not in an EE store..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by piotriq Investigator
Investigator

Not at all. They just send me text that I have been successfully connected but I had still no signal. So I called them and they said that failure was reported and they need 4 days to fix it. What makes it even weirder, when I tried to call my new land line no. from text I received, it was ringing.

by

Good Morning @piotriq

Thanks for confirming this. 

When did you speak with our broadband team? 

Are you still within the 4 day timescale?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by piotriq Investigator
Investigator

No, it passed and still no signal coming to my house or any word from EE.

by

Thanks for confirming this @piotriq

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie

by piotriq Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Update: so they did fix it just I haven't realised that my main socket (openreach) is made of two parts and I had to take it apart to remove microfilter. Duh.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You shouldn't be taking the master socket apart to get BB nor removing anything from it.

• If your master socket has only 1 front socket you plug your microfilter in there & your router & phone into that.
  • If your master socket has 2 front socket you don't use a microfilter but plug your router & phone into those 2 sockets.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.