by Inverted_Walrus Contributor
Contributor

Internet doesn't work even though I'm connected to it

My desktop windows 10 computer is connected via ethernet and WiFi, neither of them work. I've tried restarting the computer, restarting the router, resetting the computers network settings, connecting only through ethernet and only through WiFi and nothing has helped. The Internet normally runs at around 40mbps (megabits) which is almost half of what I was told I'd be getting, but that's not the biggest issue. I think this is the tenth time it's had issues where the Internet won't load on anything on my computer, even though it's connected and it says that the connection is secure. I've tried everything and I can guarantee that it's an issue with either the router or the ISP, the computer is configured in a way that should be 100% fine, but the Internet repeatedly fails to work on this computer. As I've said, I can confirm it's not an issue with my computer, but it's the only device that seems to be having this issue.

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Internet doesn't work even though I'm connected to it

@Inverted_Walrus: Can you log into the router from any device?

Has the Win 10 PC ever worked on this EE BB?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Inverted_Walrus

Welcome to the EE Community.

I see @XRaySpeX has asked you a couple of questions with regard to your broadband issue. Could you get back to us as soon as possible for further help?

We also have some fantastic troubleshooting on our broadband help pages, it's definitely worth checking out.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Contributor

I can connect to the router on all other devices, just not my computer, and it has worked fine on this system before, it just randomly started happening after no known change.

Contributor

I've looked at the help page and all of the advice I'm following anyway, none of it is useful for solving this issue.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When you login to the router does the Win 10 PC show up under Currently Connected Devices?

What other devices are connected to your LAN?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

I haven't checked this time it's happened, but all the rest of the times I've had this issue it's still apparent in the routers connected devices. There's also various devices connected, my phone (android) is pretty much always connected, and my secondary PC (also Windows 10) doesn't have the same issue. There's sometimes a mac or two connected, but they're my families and not mine.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are both PCs desktops? Are they connected by Ethernet or WiFi?

Try turning uPnP OFF in router.

Contributor

Both desktop PC's, secondary PC uses WiFi, but the primary PC that's having the issue uses ethernet and/or WiFi, both don't work. I've got to go for now, but I'll chase this up tomorrow afternoon when I have more time.

Contributor

Turning UPnP off didn't help, also normally it fixes itself after overnight, but it's still having the issue, so I've still got no Internet on my computer.

Contributor

And now the secondary PC's Internet isn't working, proving even more that's its an issue with the ISP or router

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us, @Inverted_Walrus.

Unless @XRaySpeX has any other advice, I recommend giving our broadband technical support team a call.

They will be able to investigate this further for you.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.