by xKimbitx Investigator
Investigator

Internet Not Working

Hello, I very much love EE as a company and I really did not want to end up putting in a complaint but I just don’t think this is right.

Every month I am using up all my 4G whilst in the house, where I am supposed to have your ‘best’ Wifi.

It constantly disconnects all day every day, even when I have literally just connected my phone again. I have tried turning the box on and off again, I’ve tried numerous things but it just simply doesn’t work. Even if on the very rare occasion the connection holds long enough for me to search something, it then fails and I have to repeat the cycle of reconnecting.

I feel that considering the money I am paying for the Internet, TV, and IPhone Contract I should be able to use the WiFi and not use up all 20G of my data every month.

I really do hope you are able to offer some kind of advice or help. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, have a wonderful day/night!

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Internet Not Working

Hi @xKimbitx

What router do you own?

Are you connected to the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? Try changing and forgetting the other to see if that helps.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Is it the router that is disconnecting from the BB or just your devices that disconnect from WiFi? They would be diff issues.

It doesn't do to reboot the router too often or the DLM will think your line is unstable & mark down your speed.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Noddy1965 Investigator
Investigator

Could  u check 2c if its sumfing2do with open reach as they have internet problems in remote areas%it may b affecting  your download  speed  somewhat. Or your router,I'm no expert on this,googled it just now.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @xKimbitx

Welcome back to the community. 🙂

Could you come back to us with the information that @XRaySpeX asked for?

We also have some troubleshooting steps on our broadband help and support page.

Chris

by xKimbitx Investigator
Investigator

Hello! Thank You So Much for all your advice. I’ve been trying to reply to you since yesterday but my WiFi has literally only now allowed me to stay connected long enough to reply. 

Strangely, the WiFi only continually disconnects on my IPhone 8 and iPad 2018 Generation. On every other device connected to my SmartHub works fine with no issues. 

In reply to your questions: 

1. Here is my router stats:

image.jpg

2. I don’t know if still need to do this? None of my laptops have an issue with connectivity and I don’t know if you can do this test on iPhone? If so I will do it now.  

3. https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WSWIS

—-

I should state that since separating my  channels my phone has managed to stay connected for quite a while now. Hopefully this has solved my problem but I can only hope and wait and see. 

Thank yiu you so much again! Have a wonderful night.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your BB looks just fine & is running at the max speeds for standard EE Fibre, which I assume is the product you bought.

SO I think you must have a WiFi issue. Can you run the speedtest I suggested from your lappy, both wired & wireless & post the result graphs?

You could try changing the WiFi channels - see How do I change the wireless channel on my EE Smart Hub?

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Noddy1965 Investigator
Investigator

I'm not an expert just some chap trying2help others as my mum&dad would do if they knew I would think they would be proud. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @xKimbitx

If its just your apple products then that would suggest its the Apple firmware. I believe wifi drops when the screen sleeps to save battery power, @Chris_B might be able to offer some help as he owns apple devices. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@xKimbitx  How’s you connection now ?    Have you tried clicking “Forget This Network “ and then rejoining?    

CAD91F4B-02AC-4960-A0CD-BCCE2DFF0C31.png

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.