Highlighted
by oro

I want to hardwire my internet with 2 ethernet ports from a modem. No wifi

I currently have a EE Brightbox router (I assume v1 as it doesn't say 2) and there doesn't seem to be anyway to switch off wifi on the router.
I would rather have only a modem anyway, so there's absolutely no microwaves being emitted.  Help please!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I want to hardwire my internet with 2 ethernet ports from a modem. No wifi

Login to the router & go to the Basic Settings tab. Under Wireless Settings in the menu on the L disable the "Enable/Disable wireless" setting.

The Brightbox will still be acting as a modem + Ethernet router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @oro.

Welcome to the EE Community 🙂

I believe this is possible by going into the router settings page.

There may be some suggestions in this other thread which could help you further.

Let me know if this is what you needed 🙂

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Login to the router & go to the Basic Settings tab. Under Wireless Settings in the menu on the L disable the "Enable/Disable wireless" setting.

The Brightbox will still be acting as a modem + Ethernet router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.