by Ray68

I've got an amazon fire stick but can't watch TV is it the internet settings

I've got an amazon fire stick and can't watch live tv, films etc because of content restrictions is this to do with my internet settings 

4 REPLIES 4
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: I've got an amazon fire stick but can't watch TV is it the internet settings

Hi, 

@Ray68

Are you using any third party software on your amazon fire stick to watch live TV and film?

Regards, 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I've got an amazon fire stick but can't watch TV is it the internet settings

Is this for mobile or fixed Home BB? Just what products do you have from EE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ray68 wrote:

I've got an amazon fire stick and can't watch live tv, films etc because of content restrictions is this to do with my internet settings 

If you are trying to watch certain channels via kodi then these are blocked. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ray68  whilst it's not illegal to stream content and it's only illegal to upload content that's not yours to distribute and download content that you have no right too access,  it doesn't mean the that you have a right to stream that same content and ISP have the right to block any websites that allow you to access that same content.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.