by sigrid22T Investigator
Investigator

I've cancelled my contract, but still being billed.

I went into the Balham EE store to cancel my contract (two years ago). The guy who was dealing with my request told me that I needed to call up, so they got me on a phone straight away to sort it out right there. After speaking with the person other end I passed the phone back to the guy. He told me that in 28 days my contract is cancelled. Last year I phoned to the company, and they said I have to give 30 day notice to cancel my contract. So I gave them a notice via phone and left it there thinking that I am all sorted now. Today, looking at my bank account, it shows that all this time they have charged me £20.98 a month for two years. I called up the company and they claim that they have never heard anything, don’t know anything, the cancellation has never happened. What company is that? I feel like I’ve been purposely robbed off alongside all the other customers, and this is not my first time complaining. It is pointless going into a store, or calling them, because you cannot trust people working there and now I have no proof that I have cancelled my contract. I cannot log onto my account, because it says it doesn’t exist. Also I can’t find any contact details to contact with them. Is there any email address to contact so I could send them an email? I don’t want depth collectors knocking on my door on top of this. I am so disappointed and annoyed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I've cancelled my contract, but still being billed.

There is a so-called "email" form that you can use for BB: https://explore.ee.co.uk/broadband/email-us . Also see below in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sigrid22T,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Was this a mobile or home broadband account?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Hi, it was portable home broadband account. I got one of those black&yellow devices with me. And when I cancelled they took the device from me.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, you won't be able to use my email form for MBB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sigrid22T,

You wouldn't normally have to return the device when cancelling the contract.

Please get in touch with customer services and explain exactly what has happened.

A member of the team will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Thank you for your help! I will do so.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.