by Splinter

I suddenly have a limited broadband connection does anyone know why this happen?

I lost my Internet connection earlier so had to reset my router. Once I turned it back on it couldn't connect to my broadband. When it finally did after 20 mins of trying I suddenly have a limited Internet connection. It's so slow I can't do anything. When I looked in the properties it said a new license was created today and runs out 2 days later. Been with this Internet connection for many years so confused as to why it has suddenly changed. Does anyone know why this happens? Also I need my account number or phone number in order to both email EE and to register to manage the broadband with MyEE. But I don't get a bill and it's paid online so don't have an account number. I've never used the home phone so don't know the number and haven't even got a phone to connect. Any ideas please. 

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I suddenly have a limited broadband connection does anyone know why this hap

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What licence do you mean? You don't need a licence to use EE BB; just a contract.

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

If you dial 1470 17070 it will announce your home phone no. It's worth getting a cheap corded handset for this & other reasons - see Why do I need a landline phone?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.