by annettehampson1 Investigator
Investigator

I still haven't received my internet after a week.

I ordered the 76mbps package around about a week ago and I still haven't recieved it. Although, I'm currently still with sky as they said I had to wait 2 weeks until my sky broadband was finished. I know this is probably the error but I just want to make sure as I work from home and obviously I need internet.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I still haven't received my internet after a week.

Well, if you still have BB from Sky than you can't have it from EE at the same time. I thought you said in your OP you didn't believe you had BB from Sky still.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What did EE give as your activation date?

Have you received your EE Brightbox router? If so, what does it say in the Internet section on the initial Status page of the BrightBox after you log in? Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I have not recieved my router yet, I'm sure its only supposed to be 2 days? I have not recieved an activation date either. Only an email explaining that I bought it. When I dialed that number I heard an automated voice that told me a list of options I could do to make sure my phone line was working correctly.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you haven't yet been given an activation date then it is not yet scheduled.

Does your Sky router not still connect you to the Net? What IP (1st 2 parts will do) does your Sky router show?

Did you dial 1470 17070? That should announce your no. before all those options, when you are on a BT landline. If it didn't, you must still be on Sky.

Investigator

IP? From what you have said I guess I need to wait until my sky broadband has completely ended? I still have internet currently for 1 more week. Then it should just stop. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Well, if you still have BB from Sky than you can't have it from EE at the same time. I thought you said in your OP you didn't believe you had BB from Sky still.

Investigator

Yeah, Thats all I needed to know. 

thankyou.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

EE as the gaining ISP will handle everything. When EE get round to activating your BB your Sky BB will auto cease if Sky haven't stopped it 1st beforehand.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hope to see you back in community again @annettehampson1

Great help as given by @XRaySpeX is given as standard here, if we can help or lend a hand then we will.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.