by KRISD Investigator
Investigator

I have been given a smart router by a friend. Do I need to call to register it?

I have been given a smart router by a friend but when I plug it in the lights turn red straight from turquoise. My brightbox router works ok but just want to upgrade it to the smart router to improve the WiFi. 

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Team

Re: I have been given a smart router by a friend. Do I need to call to register

Hi @KRISD

Welcome to the community 🙂

You won't be able to use a router that has been given to your from a friend. The router that is sent out will need to be registered to your home broadband account.

You can give our customer service team a call to discuss your account and see if you are eligible to upgrade from a Brightbox router to an EE Smart Hub.

Alex 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try entering your BB Username & pwd into it. When the BB Username = "readytoconnect@fs" it goes off to EE's remote config server to get yours & fails a serial no. check. If they are already correctly set hopefully it won't need to go to this server.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by KRISD Investigator
Investigator

Thank you Alex. 

I will call once once I have some free time. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.