by Dojones
Visitor

I have a broad band an landline account but my computer has broken what should I

I have a broadband and landline account but my computer has broken and I do not use broadband I cannot afford to have it fixed or buy a new one can I cancel my broadband. And will it cost me

10 REPLIES 10
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: I have a broad band an landline account but my computer has broken what shou

I have a good sized and good spec Toshiba laptop and it's in great condition. I don't use at all. I'd like it to go to a good home. Would you like it? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have a broad band an landline account but my computer has broken what shou

You may only cancel your BB FoC once you have seen out its min term. Otherwise you will have Early Termination Fees to pay for all the remaining months of your contract.

Isn't your BB sufficient to use with your mobile phones & other devices?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Profile closed wrote:

I have a good sized and good spec Toshiba laptop and it's in great condition. I don't use at all. I'd like it to go to a good home. Would you like it? 

@Profile closed that's nice of you. Wondering if this would break forum guidelines though as personal details would have to be shared.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Alternatively, if you are out of contract for your home phone and broadband you can cancel it without cost. You could use your mobile phone and tablet off your mobile phone data.

I don't have home phone and bb. Instead I have a mobile phone with enough data to run my phone and tablet off. This is why I don't use my computer any more. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BrendonH: That's publicly within posts. If necessary they can be shared privately.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@BrendonH wrote:

@Profile closed wrote:

@Profile closed that's nice of you. Wondering if this would break forum guidelines though as personal details would have to be shared.

I didn't think about it being forum rule breaking. But yes I did consider the awkwardness of it requiring exchange of personal details. If you would like it though let me know - AND perhaps an EE representative on here could tell us if it's ok to do. Obviously it would require me sending it to you.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Dojones wrote:

I have a broadband and landline account but my computer has broken and I do not use broadband I cannot afford to have it fixed or buy a new one can I cancel my broadband. And will it cost me

@Dojones, after further input from Xray and Brendon, and if you are comfortable about it and would like the laptop I mentioned, then do private message me. And I can send the laptop to you. In fact, I have this laptop and another which is much smaller and of far lower spec I'd like to see go to good homes. I also have a perfectly looking and good but low spec tablet I don't use.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Dojones I need a moderate spec laptop to drive a telescope. I will pay you the market rate for the spec and age/condition - for your low spec laptop.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Sorry meant RKB's laptops

by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Hi @Profile closed @DaveLister

We have no issues with you doing this via the EE Community, it's fantastic to see people helping each other out this way! 🙂 

We always recommend taking the usual precautions when giving out personal details and making sure any data is erased from any devices that are passed on to others, as well as scanning any devices received.

Thanks

Sorcha

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.