by iamthedon Investigator
Investigator

I have BT Fibre but EE saying I can't switch

Hi,

I currently have BT Fibre Infinity (52mbps). I was looking at switching to EE but EE are saying they are unable to offer fibre in my area as it's unavailable. Yet I already have it?! 

I've had conversations with online and in store staff but no one has been able to say why I can't switch, just that the system is saying I can't.

Any advice / explanations welcome!

8 REPLIES 8
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: I have BT Fibre but EE saying I can't switch

What does it show when you put your number in the DSL Checker?

Investigator

"There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line."

The line is actually 5 years old as we've had fibre installed not long after we moved in so definitely not just provided. And it's definitely BT. The Openreach site also says I can get fibre (which I know, because, well, I've got fibre!).

If I enter the address to the DSL checker I get this:

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 16.21.58.png

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It could be your cab is full but if the BT Broadband Availability Checker is not accepting your no. that will be the reason EE is refusing you as they use the same checker for their quotes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

• It sounds like a data records problem, which you will have to ask BT to fix before you can use another supplier.
Investigator

Thanks. I'll contact them to see if it's possible. 

by
EE Employee

Let us know how you get on @iamthedon.

Many thanks,

Lee

by david3006
Explorer

BT EE's parent company has told junior 'leave our suckers alone'

Currently on USwitch EE are 20 quid cheaper then my BT infinity bill

Have EE mobile so asking for a discount to switch as out of contract on BT

Who are pushing up prices again in Jan

All of this much cheaper in Canada or the US

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@david3006  Thanks for posting all over the BB threads and bring up posts that are months old and not  relevant any more.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.