by cornishtales Contributor
Contributor

I had my new broadband two weeks ago and my phone cuts off when I walk about.

I had my new broadband two weeks ago and my mobile phone cuts off when I walk about. What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I had my new broadband two weeks ago and my phone cuts off when I walk about

@cornishtales   Are you using WiFi calling when it cuts off ?  Do you need to use WiFi calling ?  What is the cellular signal ? 

Contributor

Re: I had my new broadband two weeks ago and my phone cuts off when I walk about

Yes to wifi don't understand cellular reference.
by
EE Community Support Team

I think @Chris_B is asking what your mobile phone signal is like without WiFi, @cornishtales.

Correct me if I'm wrong through, @Chris_B.

If you have a good mobile signal, it may be worth turning WiFi calling off.

What kind of phone is it?

Chris

Contributor

Thanks Chris. I think I will try without WiFi calling.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Christopher_G   Yes that’s correct. Also the device should switch between the 2 sometimes it can drop out.   @cornishtales  How good is the cellular signal on the device?  WiFi calling should only come in to play when there is a poor to no signal.   what device is it ? 

Contributor

Thanks for your email. I have switched off wi-fi calling to see what happens
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.