by Lorraine01 Investigator
Investigator

I had a recorded message on my landline saying my internet will be disconnected

Is it true that my internet will be disconnected in 24 hrs, if so why is that. Is it going to be permanent or not.

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: I had a recorded message on my landline saying my internet will be disconnec

You need to call EE up to see if your internet will be, the only reason they'll do this is if you haven't paid your bill.

But this is most likely a scam as I am sure they would send an email rather than a recorded message

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I had a recorded message on my landline saying my internet will be disconnec

Afternoon @Lorraine01

Welcome to the community.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Speak soon.

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Probably not! Was it from BT, Ofcom, Openreach, Microsoft, .. If so, it's a scam.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Lorraine01 Investigator
Investigator

They didn’t say who they were from. But that’s for ur reply makes me feels a lot better 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & put your mind at rest. Yes, everyone's getting those scam calls, even those who don't have BB. It's a national disgrace.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.