Highlighted
by Harlowparker1

I don’t have a port in my wall for a house phone! Do I need this for EE broadban

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I don’t have a port in my wall for a house phone! Do I need this for EE broa

If you don't already have a landline to your home, EE will install 1 as part of the BB instalation.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: I don’t have a port in my wall for a house phone! Do I need this for EE broa

Hello @Harlowparker1 .

Welcome to the community,

If you are going to have Broadband and there is no socket coming into your house for Broadband, which is the same for landline phone, then when you request Broadband from EE they will make sure that Open Reach will come and set this up, if I understood you right and that was the question.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If the Openreach engineer needs to run a cable from the nearest post to your house this is very easy. If your area is served but underground cables this is a bit more tricky, but Openreach should still offer you a deal to lay a new cable.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't need a deal from OR. In fact you don't even talk to them. Providing a landline where there's none before is part of the EE BB service, altho' they will charge you £50 for it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Sorry, did not intent to mislead. Of course EE will deal with all the contact, an Openreach engineer will just do the work. I always like to refer to the hard working chaps rather than the middle men.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.