by Agster Investigator
Investigator

I can't get through to my landline using my (and most other people's) mobile.

For the last 3 years I've been trying to solve this issue with EE. Most Mobiles can't get through, only vodaphone mobiles it seems. The message when trying to phone the landline says that it's an incorrect number. Both my mobile and landline are EE. Landline to landline is fine. Any suggestions, as EE now suggest to change my landline number without knowing if it will solve the issue. 

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I can't get through to my landline using my (and most other people's) mobile

Does your landline announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070 from it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Agster Investigator
Investigator

Re: I can't get through to my landline using my (and most other people's) mobile

No, it doesn’t. It says ‘that extension (a random number) is not recognised’

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's peculiar! That's like you are phoning some extension no. You do have just a private line & not a company?

You sure it didn't say "This circuit is defined as {some phone no}?

You did phone from your landline? You did prefix it by 1470?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Agster Investigator
Investigator

No, it’s a private number and I just tried it again. It definitely says extension. Someone I know checked Ofcom and our number apparently isn’t allocated to any provider but EE tell me it is.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

There's definitely something wrong with the provision of that line if it's not responding in the way I said.

Does BT Broadband Availability Checker recognise your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number.

by Agster Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Chris, I might do that although I’ve spoken to quite a number of the EE team and they all seem baffled as to why it doesn’t work!

Sent from my iPhone
by Agster Investigator
Investigator

The previous owners of the house had a business I believe but we’ve got a different phone number. So could that still affect the line/provision?

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Agster

I recommend speaking to our Broadband Gurus to see if there's anything they can do.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The BT Broadband Availability Checker would be a useful test of your phone number.

by Agster Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, checked it and says ‘available’

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

So it recognised your phone no., not just your address or postcode?

by Agster Investigator
Investigator

I does give all details, and BT being the provider. I also redialled the previous number you gave and must have misdialled a digit as it now says the correct landline number. Maybe I should get in touch with BT?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.