by connornathan79 Investigator
Investigator

How to keep devices connect to your WiFi, constantly having to re sign in

Hi, I've not long since had ee broadband. All good with the speeds but seem to have to keep re connecting my devices, for instance, my smart tv has had to be signed back into the Internet twice this week and my done iPhone once also my wife's laptop and youngest amazon fire, all these devices we connected on or within the first few days of having we installed but have neened needed to be signed in again. Any ideas

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to keep devices connect to your WiFi, constantly having to re sign in

They shouldn't need to do. Most devices remember the WiFi login & auto login again when they get disconnected. My Smart TV, mobile & PCs always reconnect with the WiFi.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

My Devices do remember, it's the router I think. Can't be a number of devices. It all worked fine before I switched 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Which router? I've used EE's both w/out this trouble.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

It's the latest one, it's a large black one for the ultra fast firbe

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @connornathan79

Thanks for coming to the community.

How often has this happened?

Are you connected to WiFi and using the device at the time?

Leanne.

Investigator

It's happens a few devices a few times. LG smart tv, now tv boxes, an iPhone and amazon tablet also a hauwei p30. It seems to happen not while they're are connected. For instance, the TV was off all day and when out on in the evening, I needed to reconnect. The iPhone had been on but not used all night and needed to re connect. The p30 I came in from work it it prompted me to reconnect. The now tv boxes off all night, and when went to used in the morning had to be reconnected. This is all on separate days and separate times and not all devices on same days 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming @connornathan79

In this case I would suggest reporting this to our Broadband Gurus.

They will be able to get this looked into for you.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.