by Mog101 Investigator
Investigator

How to get Fibre to the premises

Hi.

Currently our FTTC broadband is pretty slow (10mb), but Openreach have recently laid fibre to a new cabinet about 100 yrds from our property.  A friend who is a former senior internet engineer with BT mentioned that should make significantly faster broadband available to us.

I'm keen to see what options there are for upgrading broadband speed, and interested in looking at Fibre to the premises.

When I search on the EE website it looks as though 10mb is still the only option selectable at our postcode.  I've tried contacting Openreach to confirm whether new speeds/options have been enabled yet, but they just refer me back to current provider (EE).

Any help much appreciated as 10mb just isnt enough for a busy family all working/streaming at the same time.

Cheers

Mog

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How to get Fibre to the premises

You won't get FTTP there from any ISP. The best you can get at the mo' is "Up to 18 Meg" FTTC from any ISP. What was the line above the table, obscuring your phone no?

1. Post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. . What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You won't get FTTP from EE.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mog101 Investigator
Investigator

Availability Date

Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)18.1110.80.87.9AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)18100.51.27.3AvailableAvailable-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2.5--1 to 4Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 2--1 to 3.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available---- 
Fixed Rate1----Available---- 
Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps)13.7     
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps)1.12     
Observed Date2019-06-06     
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date28-10-2019     
by Mog101 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks - that checker shows that at least it in theory ought to be available to the premises, but I still have no idea how I would go about arranging that.

Does EE not have any suitable offering if I could get the line installed?

Does EE plan to offer this at any point?

Based on recent experience I'd far rather stay with EE but the slow broadband just isn't cutting it for family use currently.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You won't get FTTP there from any ISP. The best you can get at the mo' is "Up to 18 Meg" FTTC from any ISP. What was the line above the table, obscuring your phone no?

1. Post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. . What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

by Mog101 Investigator
Investigator

Telephone Number xxx on Exchange YATELEY is served by Cabinet 26

I'm currently getting somewhere between 10-15mb consistently 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.