by alexsampler
Visitor

How to configure Synology DS218J+ with Bright Box 2

Hi there,

i'm having a problem to connect my NAS when i am out. 

When i log in on my router status i can see my NAS (i'm using a PPPOE protocol since my broadband type is a Fibre). 

I tried to use my nas set up but seems i have a problem under "Checking Network Environment":

"If all port forwarding rules failed, please check if there are two or more routers in your network." 

Then when i go on UPnP router's compatibility i still have an error:

"Failed to save all port forwarding rules"

I checked and seems NAT is enabled, UPNP enabled. Can you help me to set it up?

Thanks

Alex

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to configure Synology DS218J+ with Bright Box 2

What is this "Checking Network Environment"? I'm not aware of where you'd find such a section or button in a BrightBox 2.  What are you doing at the time you see it?

What are the port forwarding settings you have made? What are the ports that your NAS needs to use?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.