by jlind1

How do you get a second phone line installed in a house?

How do you go about getting a second phone line installed?

I have moved in with my parents after having to unexpectably leave my home and am still paying for the line there (which was incredibly slow) and have requested the home move.

Will I be asked automatically if I want a second phone line? As I reckon my Parents will be a bit annoyed if their BT broadband gets wiped out with my EE broadband...

I don't mind paying the standard phone line setup which I believe is around £50?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How do you get a second phone line installed in a house?

It's a new line install as far as EE is concerned. They don't have a line there already. Make sure you make it clear to EE that you need a new line & don't give EE the no. of your parent's landline or you'll find they'll be "slamming" it.

The cost of a new line install is £60.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Yes, you just need to ask the supplier (in this case EE) to request a second line instal, though a second line installation does cost £130 on top of any broadband standard setup fees.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

It's a new line install as far as EE is concerned. They don't have a line there already. Make sure you make it clear to EE that you need a new line & don't give EE the no. of your parent's landline or you'll find they'll be "slamming" it.

The cost of a new line install is £60.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jlind1,

Welcome to the EE Community.

As @Profile closed and @XRaySpeX said, installing a second line won't be an issue.

Please get in touch with customer services and the home move team will be happy to help.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.