by KenWeb
Visitor

How do I switch from 2.4ghz to 5ghz frequency on my smart hub router

How do I switch the frequency on my smart hub router so my devices run on the 5Ghz and not the 2.4Ghz frequency. I am using a wired connection with TP-Link powerlink modules.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How do I switch from 2.4ghz to 5ghz frequency on my smart hub router

@KenWeb   You need to login to the router as admin and separate them so they password for each frequency.  You just select the frequency you want to use

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@KenWeb   You need to login to the router as admin and separate them so they password for each frequency.  You just select the frequency you want to use

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@KenWeb : To separate the frequencies, look on the Advanced Settings / Wireless page of the SH where there is a button at the top to Separate the Bands. Turn it ON. Then the 5GHz SSID will appear starting with "5GHz-" & the 2.4 GHz SSID not starting with "5GHz-". Then you will be able to choose which SSID your devices connects to.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.