Highlighted
by gerakies Investigator
Investigator

How do I set up a VPN tunnel between two EE sites?

I own 2 properties both with EE broadband. Is there a way using only the supplied routers to set up a permanent vpn tunnel between the properties?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I set up a VPN tunnel between two EE sites?

Hi @gerakies 

I'm not an EE BB customer, so I don't know the software setup on the routers. 

I suppose this would be possible if you are connecting IP to IP, however the router IP aren't static, so it wouldn't be a permanent solution. You would also need a VPN solution but you haven't said if you intend to use software or a hardware solution per router.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by gerakies Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your response. Since both routers are connected to the same carrier (EE), I was hoping of finding a way to do this on the router itself. But I guess until I get my hands on it I won’t know what it’s capable of.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What do you want to use VPN between them for? It presupposes that at least one of them is running its own server. Which server? You will also need at least a VPN server running on at least one of them.

The dynamic IPs can be overcome by the use of DDNS.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by gerakies Investigator
Investigator

I have a couple of beefy Nas boxes full of videos and would like to access them when at the other property without having to transport them. The alternative, I suppose, is to stream the content onto a couple of high capacity usb mini disks and use those. There are no servers involved. Everything is designed for tablet use. I dumped my last pc 12 months ago.

Gerry

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.