by Stig85 Investigator
Investigator

How do I know what my routers broadband username should be?

I've got the amber flashing Internet light on my router, when I checked my router status it says disconnected Internet, the username was PRODUCTIONHQNUN*********@fs

This doesn't make much sense to me as I have searched through other articles on this site, most suggest the username should be my name followed by various other versions of orangehome.co.uk etc. Could my problem with lack of Internet simply be a username and password issue? It's been working faultlessly since switch on around a month ago, this morning I noticed no Internet connection available. I have tried a factory reset on the router, all that this did was to change the username to readytoconnect@fs?? 

Any help much appreciated 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I know what my routers broadband username should be?

Only users who have been with EE BB for years will have their BB Username based on their old Orange email addy. As a recent joiner yours will of the form PRODUCTIONHQNUN123456@FS & its corresponding pwd will be HQNPASS123456, where the 123456 bit will be unique to you. Try it with those.

When it fails what does it say in the Internet section on the initial Status page of the BrightBox after you log in? Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? BrightBox 1 or 2?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Stig85

Welcome to the EE Community, thanks for posting 🙂

How did you get on with that fantastic help from @XRaySpeX?

Please get back to us with the results 🙂

Chris

by Stig85 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, sorry for late response and thank you for the help.  I'm currently at work,  although I had my partner try the suggested username and password but this didn't change anything. The phone line still works but I haven't tried the test number yet.  I have got fibre, and believe it's a brightbox2 but obviously I'll confirm this later, as well as providing the requested information from the router. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update, @Stig85

Keep us posted 🙂

Chris

by Stig85 Investigator
Investigator

Well I've not had much luck connecting to the router, seems to just not let any devices connect whenever it feels like it!  The last time I got into it, the Internet state said disconnected,  the fields where ip address and subnet mask etc all read 00000000 as if the router had blanked itself,  the time and date on the router were incorrect and no matter what it wouldn't acquire the right time,  the log had various lines all ending in sending PADI and nothing else.  I would have screenshot the info but it logged me off and I've not been able to connect since!!! 😞 after a phone call to customer service they said they will send me a new router,  hopefully this will fix all issues. I will however let you know and thanks for helping me.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stig85 wrote:

The last time I got into it, the Internet state said disconnected,

But what does the BB State & Speeds say?

The time is wrong cuz it won't let you connect to Net to sync the time, as you are failing authentication to EE. When you finally get the username/pwd correct the time will sort itself out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.