by Stressedmum247 Investigator
Investigator

How do I find the IP addresses of my kids devices, mainly xboxes & mobile phones

11 REPLIES 11
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: How do I find the IP addresses of my kids devices, mainly xboxes & mobil

Hello @Stressedmum247 if you have an EE router you can check the IP addresses for each device connected to it here:

Investigator

I tried that but it only came up with one however, my kids r online on their xboxes now 🤔😕

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Are they definitely connected to your Wi-Fi and not their phones hotspot or a neighbours Wi-Fi? Mobile phones and games consoles should/do show up in the connected devices list.

Investigator

Yes defo connected 2 router......only see or hear them when i turn it off 😂😂😂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

How many devices are showing as connected? They may have a totally random name like Android61539ajsi72 for an Android device. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Brightboxes' list of Currently Connected Devices is unreliable :(. It forgets some whilst remembering others long gone. Can't you look in the settings of the kids' devices? Certainly mobile phones will have their local IP addy in its settings, e.g. under About Device / Status or under WiFi Settings. For PCs you can find it from the command ipconfig /all.

What you should do is find out the MAC addy of your kids' devices, either from the router's Currently Connected Devices when it catches them or from the device settings themselves & then reserve those MAC addys in the DHCP to IPs of your choice. If you wish you can then control the the times of access of these devices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stressedmum247

Thanks for coming to see us in community 🙂

When you get a chance to come back to @tm90 and @XRaySpeX then we can try and help further.

I know what you mean about the WiFi, it's only when I make the decision to pull the plug on it do I ever see my child ha ha 🙂

Hope you get sorted.

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Brilliant thanks, i'll try that & let you's know how I get on 👍

by
EE Community Support Team

Please do @Stressedmum247

Thanks again

Richard

🙂

by Ravenslave Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I did exactly this on my old Brightbox router, worked a treat, I could tweak the times as per school holidays, weekends, behaviour Smiley Wink

My router is password protected and I have reserved my daughters ip addresses and set up schedule and access rules.  

Sometimes my daughter has everything of hers running on the internet in her bedroom, yet it will only display some as being connected, I hit the refresh button a couple of times and they appear as connected.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well done! That's the way to do it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.