by helpke Investigator
Investigator

How do I find out my landline number?

Our landline has been down for a couple of weeks now and the broadband can sporadically go down as well.

We have been told that there is a general outage in our area with no approximate date of when it will be fixed!

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

4 REPLIES 4
by cwmparc1 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: How do I find out my landline number?

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but if it's your landline number you can dial 147017070

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@helpke  Assuming you got that information from customer service you’ve already been told what anyone here could find out.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @helpke,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

Have you spoken to technical support? They will be happy to take a look at your account and give you a status update.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you tried plugging the phone in the hidden test socket?

You probably have a "one-leg broken" fault (technically "HR Dis"). A landline consists of 2 wires, both of which are need for voice, but only any 1 for BB. Usually when this happens the BB runs slower than usual.

To confirm this Please post your full router stats. For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ (A)DSL Status. Also post 'Time Connected:' from initial Status page. Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

It is likely that the break occurs between you & the exchange, but it needs EE to call out BT Openreach to fix it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.