Highlighted
by xMissMischiefx
Visitor

How do I disconnect my friends devices from my WIFI?

I live in a YMCA and I am the only person who has got WIFI. For some reason lots of people have managed to get their decives onto my wifi, despite me not giving the password out. It is the origanal password that was given to me so no one has ben able to guess it. I have tried undrstanding the MAC Filters but  I can seem to understand it and the devies still seem to be connect. 

I would like like to know how I can delete their devices since I dont know half the people who are connected. 

I have a BrightBox 1 (R) and it is important now that I get it sorted due to the people abusing the wifi that they have got. 

Thank you for reading.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Legend
Legend
Solution

Re: How do I disconnect my friends devices from my WIFI?

Hi @xMissMischiefx

You need to go into settings and change your Admin password first so nobody can access your router. You need to keep this password safe. 

You then need to go into your WiFi settings and change your WiFi passwords. (Also keep this safe) This will automatically kick everyone off. I would also recommend changing your SSID name.

Lastly you need to make sure nobody has access to your router. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
3 REPLIES
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @xMissMischiefx

Welcome to the EE Community,

@XRaySpeX is the broadband Community star he should be able help you he will get a notification that I have tagged him.

by Legend
Legend
Solution

Hi @xMissMischiefx

You need to go into settings and change your Admin password first so nobody can access your router. You need to keep this password safe. 

You then need to go into your WiFi settings and change your WiFi passwords. (Also keep this safe) This will automatically kick everyone off. I would also recommend changing your SSID name.

Lastly you need to make sure nobody has access to your router. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Both the default admin pwd & the WiFi pwd are written on the label on the back of the router. Anyone with access to your room can easily take a peek at it. You need to change both. See Changing Your WiFi Password on a Brightbox . Make a note of what you change them to.

You will then need to give the new WiFi pwd to all your own WiFi devices as & when you reconnect them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.