by Tas19
Explorer

How do I convert my EE Brightbox R to Bridge Mode?

Hello,

can an anyone help me with this please?

i am trying to set up google home Wifi and have managed to add the primary unit and a secondary unit, however the third unit will not sync and keeps telling me it is out of range, when it’s next to the primary unit.

Google have suggested bridging mode as a final option.

i have just called EE and they have said they can’t help as they don’t have this expertise.....so I’m stumped!

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: How do I convert my EE Brightbox R to Bridge Mode?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

My article mentioned earlier is not appropriate for you. That's for connecting a Brightbox acting as a Bridge to the main Brightbox modem/router. That's not what you are doing.

You can't have Brightbox act as a Bridge when it is also the modem. Perhaps Google meant 1 of their nodes needs to be a Bridge. I really can't think what they could have meant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX sorry thought it was suitable for the OP.

by Tas19
Explorer

I don’t think the google person knows either.......

i have been told that you can switch the google home Wifi into your router (but I have no idea how to do this) and then use the additional home Wifi pods as extenders to create a better network at home.

i wanted to have both running side by side so I could divert some of my devices to the other network.

It makes no sense for two of the pods to be working but the third not.

i suspect the third is faulty.

i may return it and get a replacement.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You just need to connect the 1st node of the Mesh by Ethernet to the existing modem/router & then the Mesh just acts as another router.

Yes. it sounds as tho' the 3rd node is faulty if the 1st 2 work.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.