by send2archan Investigator
Investigator

Horrible start with EE

My connection for home broadband went active on Fri the 4 Aug around 7PM and the router could not detect any wifi. The lady on the phone said she needs to book an engineer for the coming Tue. When I called on Mon I was told it is not a BT engineer but an EE engineer and if they fail to fix the issue then they need to book a BT engineer. I really doubt what EE's engineer will be able to do and this is just getting absolutely ridiculous. All they have to say on this matter is apologise and that does not help. If the EE engineer fails to resolve the issue then I am quitting EE before even starting with them. This is absolutely horrible service and I dont know why I signed up with them in the first place. I have already lost all faith in them.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Horrible start with EE

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What does it say in the Internet section on the initial Status page of the BrightBox after you log in? Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? BrightBox 1 or 2?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hey thanks for replying. Sorry but I dont follow when you say "Internet section on the initial Status page of the BrightBox after you log in?" Can you please explain?

This is for fibre optic and I think this is Brightbox2

They did a check and said phone line is working fine.

Investigator

When the router is on the Broadband is RED. They did some tests remotely and it didnt work and couldnt figure what the issue was. Not sure what magic the EE engineer is going to do.

Investigator

Its a Brightbox 2

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @send2archan

I am sorry you are having problems.

Is the engineer due tomorrow?

Can you let us know how it goes when they have been.

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

Yes visit is due tomorrow. My fear is if he cant fix it tomorrow then it will be further delayed. I work from home so without internet thats getting very difficult. I dont need any more apology at this stage, only results!

by

Hi @send2archan

The community team have no account access to look into this for you,

Let me know what happens after the engineer arrives.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Go to http://192.168.1.1 & login with the admin password on the label of the router. Then read off the top Internet section.

You should check the phone yourself by calling 1470 17070 as I said.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

As expected the engineer came and did some tests. No internal faults were found and this has now been referred back to Open Reach. Dont know how many more days this fiasco will continue

by

Hi @send2archan

Thanks for coming here again 🙂

I hope that as this has now been passed on to Open Reach, that you get a satisfactory resolution to the problems you have been facing.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.