by Simeapotens Investigator
Investigator

Home broadband issues

I have been using the home bb service without issue for 18 months. In the last week I am experiencing connectivity issues. The bb connection itself seems fine ' however, every few hours I appear to lose connectivity. I use the word appear as the modem light remains blue but my laptop or phone shows no internet connection. Moreover, devices that do not require DNS resolution (wifi  cameras, smart devives)  continue to function. At this point I am also unable to log into the router's admin portal on the lan. When I examine the connection from my laptop the DNS list is missing entries - any ideas.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Home broadband issues

Hi @Simeapotens

Welcome to the community. 

What kind of troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Have you tried rebooting the router?

Chris

Investigator

Chris

Router rebooted,  router factory reset, router replaced and same steps performed numerous times - ee support have also been involved 4 times in the last 4 days - line checked 4 times and found to be 100% ok - hence my question on this forum.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for your extensive answer, @Simeapotens. 🙂

I recommend persisting with our Tech Gurus, they're in the best position to help you.

Although someone else may offer their expertise here in the community, namely @XRaySpeX.

Chris 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sounds like a WiFi issue. Which router do you have?

When you look at the DNS from your lappy & it is missing what IP addy has it been given?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Unfortunately I am away from home at the moment so cannot check the DNS address or model of router (the latest supplied by EE for home broadband).

Some further information.

I have tested all of the equipment standalone as described. However, I do also have some CPE devices for relaying the LAN to external buildings. When this is plugged into one of the LAN ports on the back of the router, I can sometimes see the internet through this wired connection but sometimes not. As this is a wired connection, this would rule out the WiFi as being at fault would it not?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.