Highlighted
by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Home Broadband - we'd like to hear your feedback

We’re always looking for feedback so we can evolve our products and make them work even better for you. Our team wants to understand a bit more about what you, the customers, are saying about our products so we can make them even better, faster and easier to buy and use.

We’d love to hear your feedback about EE Broadband to help us do this.

Some of the things we’d like to know are below, but if you have any other ideas or feedback feel free to share it with us.

• If you already have EE Broadband, Why did you pick EE Broadband?

• Would you recommend it to your friends and family? If so, why? Why not?

• If you don’t have EE Broadband currently, what would make you consider it as an option?

• What do you expect to see from EE Broadband?

• Would you choose EE for both your mobile provider and for a home broadband package? If so, what benefit(s) would you expect to see from having the two together?

• Is there something you expected from EE Broadband that isn’t currently provided?

Tap on “Reply” below to give us your feedback.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Home Broadband - we'd like to hear your feedback

@Sorcha Mobile Phone & Broadband on one bill instead of two separate bills.

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Sorcha , agree with @David , one bill for both broadband and mobile instead of separate bills would be good.

Yes, if asked, do recommend EE for both, as I have both, have BT sport included, which means I can watch some of the football on there, if not shown on free TV, whether German games on German TV or games on UK TV and are then shown on BT Sport, certainly a win for me.

The reason for my choice, is that I had been with Orange from when it first came out, and then went for Broadband with Orange, now EE, as Tiscali, my previous provider, was being taken over by TalkTalk and also was offered a very good offer from Orange.

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Sorcha @Schockwave moving to a single billing platform would follow the current industry trend

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

We picked EE because they had similar speeds to competitors at a cheaper price.

We would not recommend as it has been very unreliable- always disconnecting and spiking connection. 100% would not recommend for fellow gamers.

We probably would not consider an option having experienced EE now.

Expected to see a better technical support team who knew more about it.

I would like FTTP and full fibre in our area, as the internet is super slow.

2/10 - Even with slow internet speeds in our area, our broadband has been very unreliable, always spiking (even at off peak times at 2am), which has led to me gaming 100% of the time on 4G. Little to no technical support. And no solutions found from the EE community.

Highlighted
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I would like to see the range of 4GEE Routers classed as broadband devices rather than phone devices - after all that is what most people use them for. 👍

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE BB is technically good (really being the same as all other BT-based BB) but I wouldn't recommend it to others unless they were self-sufficient in their own technical support. EE BB CS is lacking in any technical nous about BB other than "reboot it!" & often refuse to tackle any issues with the router's features beyond the norm.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I use Virgin for all my fixed-line services, and EE for mobile. Virgin try to encourage bundling their mobile services in the same way as EE try to encourage bundling fixed-line & broadband.  I'd look for that supplier to be technically the best in each service first and foremost - as long as the cost isn't excessive.

The one benefit that Virgin have is that if you have mobile & broadband with them, then your mobile gets unlimited data automatically if there's a BB fault. Although I can't remember the last time that would have been triggered, it's been so long.

One of my major bugbears with VM is their heavy reliance on offshore-CS.

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@bristolian , there is no Virgin where I live, but then I would not change from EE to another network, Virgin is not available everywhere, when it comes to broadband.

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Oh absolutely @Schockwave - the great British postcode lottery for broadband!

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

When it actually works, the internet is pretty good. However, it's the most unreliable broadband I've ever seen. I haven't gotten speeds of over 5mb/s in the last two weeks. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

abysmal, I watch YouTube videos in 480p very rare i get to watch one in 1080 and if no one else is using the internet then maybe i can go all out and watch one in 720. I've never known anyone to have to wait about 20 hours to download a 10Gb file like a game on Steam, except me of course. My son's always shouting at his PlayStation because he can't play online with his mates, it's like i'm back in the 2000's using dial up, this is 2020 and i can't even have fiber LMFAOOOOOOOOO. No, i would not recommend. Again, we're in 2020 and i'm getting 1-2kbps (And that's BITS not BYTES)...... In 2020. 

Highlighted
by

• If you already have EE Broadband, Why did you pick EE Broadband? >> Picked EE due to best offer available at the point of order

• Would you recommend it to your friends and family? If so, why? Why not? >> I would recommend BUT I am experiencing issues with connection speeds and lack of consistent speeds. I'm on a lot on work video calls and prior on BT Broadband, it all worked perfect, but now, constant drop outs and slow downs.

• If you don’t have EE Broadband currently, what would make you consider it as an option? >> Better technical support - can't seem to even get my connection checked

• What do you expect to see from EE Broadband? >> Better technical support - can't seem to even get my connection checked

• Would you choose EE for both your mobile provider and for a home broadband package? If so, what benefit(s) would you expect to see from having the two together? >> If the deal was cost effective

• Is there something you expected from EE Broadband that isn’t currently provided? >> Better technical support - can't seem to even get my connection checked
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Amit_C : If you'd like us to check your connection speeds & see if we can recommend anything to overcome the issues, please start a new topic detailing the issues. As an aid see Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

I think EE mobile are fantastic and their customer service is brilliant so that’s why I joined EE broadband.

Unfortunately EE Broadband is awful - very slow, keeps dropping out and customer service is non existent.  I will be cancelling as soon as I can but I’m locked into some never ending contract which I can’t get out of and which nobody will speak to me about.

i wish I didn’t have EE Broadband and I actively tell other people not to get it

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@CSandL , as you know, there is the pandemic and so EE have far less staff working during this time and if you have rung them, all you have to do is stay on the phone until someone can answer your call, just wait for the recorded message to finish.

You may also want to take a look here and start a thread in order to get some help, @XRaySpeX may be able to help:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/Need-Help-with-Your-Home-Broadband-Speed-or-Conne...

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Nothing to do with the pandemic, this has been going on for over a year...

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Also, I must say it’s a little rude to ask for our opinions and then make a comment like “all you have to do is stay on the phone” when the comment is not totally positive.  It actually isn’t “all I’ve had to do” but I didn’t go into endless detail about what I did have to do because this was not the place for it.  Perhaps consider why I might not be happy with the service rather than immediately thinking I am lacking in patience.

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@CSandL , I do not understand why you find it rude, when we are only trying to help you, we are customers like you, and you wrote that you could not get through to customer service, you did not say how long you have been trying and so with the pandemic, many do not realise, that they need to wait until the recorded message has finished and if they need to speak to someone, just to stay on the line, as they do get answered, sorry if that was not helpful to you, and as I wrote @XRaySpeX  will try and help, but you would have to start a new thread, but if you do not want help that is your business. I also never said you were lacking in patience.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@CSandL : If you'd like us to look into your connection issues & see if we can recommend anything to overcome the issues, please start a new topic detailing the issues. As an aid see Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions